The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue paint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BradG43

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Blue paint Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

So this is my first post, first time redoing a guitar, so I've had a lot of questions along the way and now I have one I cant find the answer to. I really want to paint this old guitar a deep blue and maybe black on the edges for a "burst" effect. I've been looking on the paints on ReRanch and reallllllyyy liked the Lake Placid blue metallic, but looking at the blue on the screen, and looking at some of the guitars that were painted the same color... the colors weren't even close. It looked like a light blue. So, whats by best option to find a nice deep blue aerosol paint? I don't see the blue I'm looking for on ReRanch.
Can anyone help me out?

Oh and I'm not trying to stain this. I tried stripping the paint, and a little pit wont come out of the grain, and the grain is nasty. I just want to paint over it
Lon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your local O'Reillys auto store and look at the selection of Duplicolor Perfect Match acrylic lacquer paint. You might find one you like. I use them all the time for base color coats with nitro or 2K clear coats

There are online paint stores that will put colors into spray bombs. You will need the auto paint code or name to have them mix and put into spray can. Some have the old Fender paint codes on hand. I've used
Automotivetouchup.com
#313. Praisegig
marksound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our old buddy Curtis Novak has all the old Fender paint codes with color blocks.

http://curtisnovak.com/restorations/FenderColors/index.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: