The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Heads Into One Cab?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86runner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Two Heads Into One Cab? Reply with quote

I'm completely dumb when it comes to this stuff, but I just picked up a Hovercraft head and an Orange PPC212 closed back cab and I'm running out of amp room. I have a Marshall Vintage Modern 2266 combo and have thought about picking up the Vintage Modern 2266 head version to save space and run into the Orange cab. Question is, can I run both heads into the same cab at different times? The PPC212 has two plugs into the back labeled "Input" and "Link". The cab is wired at 16 ohms. I would not be using these heads at the same time through the same cab. Thanks!

Grab yo git-fiddle.
RolandR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar question was asked here which intrigued me.

http://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewtopic.php?t=59620&highlight=speaker+cabinet
86runner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Roland! Just bumped that thread up for Matt's review of the N-Audio.

Grab yo git-fiddle.
Graunke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Forgot to update the previous thread with my results.

Nik was awesome to work with on the order, and the support. I hooked it all up, and gigged it a few times with ease!

I did run into a slight issue with powering the footswitch on my board. It requires a certain voltage and when I used the Onespot, at the end of the chain, it was not enough to trip the relays to make the switch happen. Once I dedicated the powersupply for that particular pedal, it worked awesome. The switching was quiet, and I was running a Carvin Head, and a Jet City Head into a V30 2x12 cab.

I absolutely love it for it's intended purpose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: