The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedal board and enclosure question....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greysun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Pedal board and enclosure question.... Reply with quote

hey guys!

So I've built the guitars - I built the amp - I built the effects pedals... Now I have to build a board and a controller.

I got the pedalsync 9 system from molten voltage. I need a custom enclosure for it, a 15x4x2(ish) to house a switch for the tuner, the master controller, and 10 switches for the pedalsync stuff. Is there a place that can custom build an enclosure for not that much money?

More importantly, I have a lot of pedals - and it looks like sizable pedalboards are expensive. I'm thinking mine will need to be about 2 feet wide by 1.5 feet tall.

Is it worth it to build my own - are there templates online or best practices? I'm at the very beginning stages here, and there's a lot of riff raf on a lot of boards that's kinda hard to sift through.

Anyone have experience with this stuff?
Old Man James

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has served me well for years of medium duty use. About the size you are looking for $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNB-PDC-4100G-TN-Pedal-Case-Pedal-Board-Flight-Case-/221396892679?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item338c487c07
marksound

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^I was just going to recommend checking out Rondo Music for decent gear at good prices. Wink
greysun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark... ever paisley a pedal board? #justsayin...
marksound

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greysun wrote:
Hey Mark... ever paisley a pedal board? #justsayin...

Not so far. Laughing
greysun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get to it! Then sell it to me for under $150.

Needs to be 25" wide by 18" high. I like purple. Wink hehe.
fatdad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the build vs. buy may depend on how "finished" a board you're looking for. I built my own (http://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewtopic.php?t=53981&highlight=pedal) but by the time I sourced all of the parts I don't think I saved much money. I actually built two to help spread the costs of shipping and as noted in my post, if I had to do it again, I'd just go straight to the NYC Pedalboards site.

On the other hand, it's always nice to have something you've built yourself. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you what I can find on my build as far as dimensions and sources.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: