The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH Factor Pickups in stock with better pricing 4 Reranchers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Auctions and Gear for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eldorado

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ralph,

I bought a set of the Alnico2 Humbuckers last year, and finally installed them with a Jimmy Page harness in an Epi, and I'm worried I may have screwed up the 4 conductor wiring...

can you confirm the north/south start/finish colours for me please...the info sheet got lost somewhere along the way.

Cheers
rjhalsey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eldorado wrote:
Hi Ralph,

I bought a set of the Alnico2 Humbuckers last year, and finally installed them with a Jimmy Page harness in an Epi, and I'm worried I may have screwed up the 4 conductor wiring...

can you confirm the north/south start/finish colours for me please...the info sheet got lost somewhere along the way.

Cheers

Check your PM folder. Wink
RH Factor Pickups, Tonerider, Seymour Duncan, Trem King, KMC, Allparts, WD Music, Mighty Mite, Vintage Clone, Fralin, Rio Grande, Lace, CED, Lava Cable, ModTone, Kaces, MojoTone, Klein, Voodoo Pickups
kevin-san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a set of Ralph's S5: 54 Reproduction pickups in my '50s Classic Player when I swapped out the body (alder for ash) ... they are glorious. Sound as good as (possibly better than) a set of D Allen TruVintage 54s I had in another ash strat!

RnB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin-san wrote:
Sound as good as (possibly better than) a set of D Allen TruVintage 54's I had in another ash strat!

Very Happy . . . Amen !
ajeffcote

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a bump for old Ralph. Just put a set of nickel covered humbuckers into an Eastman T-386, which sounded good with the Phat Cats it came with. Now, it's even better. Used the PAF A2 bridge and A4 neck. These sound very nice in this guitar. Very clear and articulate neck and the bridge has just enough bite and growl. I believe these could go head to head with just about anything out there in a blind test. For the money they are a no brainer!
If you don't already know, the T-386 is a Bigsby loaded semi-hollow like a 335 but it's all flame maple with a maple neck and ebony board. Very resonant and full sounding guitar. Like Ralph's pickups the quality far exceeds the cost.

ajeffcote

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch!
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sonny+landreth&qpvt=sonny+landreth&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=9F056146078DE7BB705D9F056146078DE7BB705D

Uh, just noticed I put this in the wrong thread. Sorry about that. But he's still good. Very Happy

Last edited by ajeffcote on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
guitarguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ralph,

I am building a Strat and a Tele for a Prostate Cancer Benefit, since I am battling it myself. Wondering what you have for pickups at the moment. Looking for a Tele set and a Strat set./
rjhalsey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarguy wrote:
Hey Ralph,

I am building a Strat and a Tele for a Prostate Cancer Benefit, since I am battling it myself. Wondering what you have for pickups at the moment. Looking for a Tele set and a Strat set./

PM sent.
RH Factor Pickups, Tonerider, Seymour Duncan, Trem King, KMC, Allparts, WD Music, Mighty Mite, Vintage Clone, Fralin, Rio Grande, Lace, CED, Lava Cable, ModTone, Kaces, MojoTone, Klein, Voodoo Pickups
Graunke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEy folks, I got my Alnico II PAF buckers installed. Curiousity, what are you guys using for pickup height? How far from the strings typically on these?
Gatorcountry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph, I need some pickups. Check your inbox.
rjhalsey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatorcountry wrote:

Got it. I will let you know tomorrow.
Gatorcountry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjhalsey wrote:
Gatorcountry wrote:

Got it. I will let you know tomorrow.

Thanks.
Fil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Although I've been building guitars since Jr High, this is my first post on here. Thanks for having me.
I've heard so much about RH Factor pickups. I'm totally sold. Sad to hear that the mixed A3 and A5 magnet sets are not available right now. I was wanting a S7 set.

Given the circumstances Ralph, which of your pickups would you suggest as a replacement for the S7's. I like the JM scoop sound. Is there a way to put an A3 mag in place of one of the A5's to make it like a S7 set? Just curious. I can't wait to get a set of these pickups!
rjhalsey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fil wrote:
Hi everyone. Although I've been building guitars since Jr High, this is my first post on here. Thanks for having me.
I've heard so much about RH Factor pickups. I'm totally sold. Sad to hear that the mixed A3 and A5 magnet sets are not available right now. I was wanting a S7 set.

Given the circumstances Ralph, which of your pickups would you suggest as a replacement for the S7's. I like the JM scoop sound. Is there a way to put an A3 mag in place of one of the A5's to make it like a S7 set? Just curious. I can't wait to get a set of these pickups!

I have an updated set in stock with all a5 magnets. Let me know if you want to try them out.
Fil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ralph, I look forward to getting the pickups!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Auctions and Gear for Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: