The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paisleys (and other stuff) in progress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cap10random



Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:
Here's an experiment in the works: black over gold bling. This is bare, no top coats yet. It will look deeper with some clear on.



just when i thought it couldn't get better than the previous black version...

i bet a lot of other colors would look great over gold too... purple, green, burgundy, etc.

definitely can't wait to see how this turns out. Smile
_________________
cap10random
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnson82



Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 1733
Location: New Castle, IN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cap10random wrote:
marksound wrote:
Here's an experiment in the works: black over gold bling. This is bare, no top coats yet. It will look deeper with some clear on.



just when i thought it couldn't get better than the previous black version...

i bet a lot of other colors would look great over gold too... purple, green, burgundy, etc.

definitely can't wait to see how this turns out. Smile


In that vein, how about Crown Royal Purple with gold foil paisley? Cool
_________________
Plaid Sabbath wrote:
What kind of operation is that? No sawdust...no empty beer bottles...no one is using extremely foul language...no one is spending 2 hours looking for lost tools...no dust on the bodies in the finishing room…
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marksound



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 16699
Location: OKUSA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are getting weird on me. Laughing
_________________
"Whoops." -Waylon Jennings
Marksound Guitars
Facebook Page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Plaid Sabbath



Joined: 13 May 2007
Posts: 5389
Location: Munster, IN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:
You guys are coming out of the closet and becoming fabulous on me. Laughing


Fixed that for ya.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vic Vega



Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 1885
Location: SW Idaho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:
Here's an experiment in the works: black over gold bling. This is bare, no top coats yet. It will look deeper with some clear on.



Damn! I know a guy who would really be digging this one!! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marksound



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 16699
Location: OKUSA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plaid Sabbath wrote:
marksound wrote:
You guys are coming out of the closet and becoming fabulous on me. Laughing


Fixed that for ya.

Laughing
_________________
"Whoops." -Waylon Jennings
Marksound Guitars
Facebook Page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Johnson82



Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 1733
Location: New Castle, IN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:
Plaid Sabbath wrote:
marksound wrote:
You guys are coming out of the closet and becoming fabulous on me. Laughing


Fixed that for ya.

Laughing


Hey, now - don't make me scratch your eyes out! Laughing
_________________
Plaid Sabbath wrote:
What kind of operation is that? No sawdust...no empty beer bottles...no one is using extremely foul language...no one is spending 2 hours looking for lost tools...no dust on the bodies in the finishing room…
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aquietcabin



Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 4200
Location: Crystal Lake, IL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson82 wrote:
marksound wrote:
Plaid Sabbath wrote:
marksound wrote:
You guys are coming out of the closet and becoming fabulous on me. Laughing


Fixed that for ya.

Laughing


Hey, now - don't make me scratch your eyes out! Laughing


Meow Laughing
_________________
........i'll remain unperturbed by the joy and the madness that i encounter everywhere i turn.


Guitars wrote:
Amen Brother.... Life is too short to sand more than one needs to. .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cap10random



Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

purple and gold are very regal colors. no homo. Wink
_________________
cap10random
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marksound



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 16699
Location: OKUSA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearcoated and polished. I think it might work. Now if I only had a spare body ... Wink


_________________
"Whoops." -Waylon Jennings
Marksound Guitars
Facebook Page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Groveness



Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 876
Location: Brooklyn, NY. by way of New Brunswick, NJ. by way of Richmond, Va.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all very cool Mark. Nice work man. Have you given any consideration to paisley-fying the entire back of a neck?
_________________
-Josh

Protocasterguitars.com
"Brand new old prototypes!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
marksound



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 16699
Location: OKUSA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groveness wrote:
These are all very cool Mark. Nice work man. Have you given any consideration to paisley-fying the entire back of a neck?

Yeah ... no. Laughing
_________________
"Whoops." -Waylon Jennings
Marksound Guitars
Facebook Page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rjhalsey



Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Posts: 13942
Location: Central Ohio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksound wrote:
Clearcoated and polished. I think it might work. Now if I only had a spare body ... Wink



I just got a bunch in. Wink
_________________
RH Factor Pickups, Tonerider, Seymour Duncan, Trem King, KMC, Allparts, WD Music, Mighty Mite, Vintage Clone, Fralin, Rio Grande, Lace, CED, Lava Cable, ModTone, Kaces, MojoTone, Klein, Voodoo Pickups
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
marksound



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 16699
Location: OKUSA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an extra body laying around. How about that? Laughing

Stage 2:


_________________
"Whoops." -Waylon Jennings
Marksound Guitars
Facebook Page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
solderjunkie



Joined: 22 Jun 2011
Posts: 2702
Location: Nastyville TN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... um... if I buy you a larger-format printer so you can do bass bodies, will you do me a bass body? Cool

That's a fair trade, right? Very Happy
_________________
Brett
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 4 of 74

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group