The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Dirt Guitar Works
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pt ray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Red Dirt Guitar Works Reply with quote

Ordered most of the parts for a Tele build from Red Dirt Guitar Works 6 weeks ago and received it week before last. The body was made by them and so far seems flawless. However, I was sent the wrong pickguard, tuners and short a pot. I don't have an issue with that as much as I do having to quibble over a set of $8 pots.

For 6 weeks I've been inquiring about obtaining solid shaft instead of split shaft pots. So after 6 weeks, being sent the wrong hardware and having sent it back on my dime I was told it couldn't be done. And I'm still waiting on the correct parts after 2 weeks. I'm totally dumb founded.

Last edited by pt ray on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Joe Desperado

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you want to hear from us? poop happens!

Ben (Red Dirt) is a noble guy, a good business man and I've never heard of him ripping anyone off. Send him a message and give him some time to reply. Sometimes life happens.... which causes delay in communications.
Kregg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like you guys are communicating just fine. And yeah ... Rolling Eyes
Travst

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all due respect, we don't beat each other up in public about such matters. I realize you're frustrated, but we aren't a tribunal to settle disputes.
pt ray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Desperado wrote:
So what do you want to hear from us? poop happens!

Ben (Red Dirt) is a noble guy, a good business man and I've never heard of him ripping anyone off. Send him a message and give him some time to reply. Sometimes life happens.... which causes delay in communications.

I'm not looking to hear anything specific. The members on this forum I have made purchases from have always been accommodating but I'm at a loss with this one.

RDGW is not ripping me off, just some concerns with their customer service.

Over the past 6 weeks I have personally sent Ben a PM, 2 emails and a letter in the return package. No response. I've been dealing with an employee. The same employee that told me "solid shaft pots are not offered on our website. We do not carry them. To order them for you would cost us more in shipping than we would make from the sale." I find this ironic being I received an Esquire pickguard not on their site and paid to send it back along with some other items that were wrong. There was no problem letting me absorb that cost.

I find it hard to believe with RDGW being an AllParts dealer that they haven't made any orders in 6 weeks that they couldn't have added the pots to. If so, then why has it almost been two weeks and I'm still waiting for my other parts to be shipped back?

It's all kind of funny. The issues I've read pertaining to RDGW were over their bodies. I have yet to find anything remotely wrong with mine. All the routes and contours are sharp. All the routes and pilot holes appear square. I'm very happy with that part.
~frank

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

content removed because I probably misinterpreted the OP.
Embarassed

Last edited by ~frank on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
indianjjy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: RD Reply with quote

FWIW, we all have other jobs, and I am not standing up for anyone or anything, but he has always been a standup guy with me...

I feel confident that he will make it right with you...............

John
marksound

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~frank wrote:
pt ray wrote:
I've been dealing with an employee. The same employee that told me "solid shaft pots are not offered on our website. We do not carry them. To order them for you would cost us more in shipping than we would make from the sale."

That's just flat wrong. He's an independent businessman. At best you might consider him a contractor who bills you for his services. You don't want the responsibilities that go along with claiming him as an employee.

FWIW. Rolling Eyes

I think he means an employee of RDGW, not a personal employee. Laughing
pt ray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: RD Reply with quote

indianjjy wrote:
FWIW, we all have other jobs, and I am not standing up for anyone or anything, but he has always been a standup guy with me...

I feel confident that he will make it right with you...............

John

I think you're exactly right but I just can't get in touch with him. I have to believe there is some communication that went side tracked or something. It's driving me crazy.
Travst

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ray... aren't you in the Ham? What do you need, I might have it.
headstack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,
Red Dirt does not stock solid shaft pots, no big deal...

Return the ones you have or better yet, keep them for another project and keep your shipping in your pocket.

Get on the web and the horn with any of the GIANT electronic parts suppliers, like Mouser, Digikey, etc. and order your pots from them.

Pricing on these items is very competitive and they have a plethora of delicious capacitors for re-capping your amps too, so add a few of those while you are at it, save some buckaroos on those items and make the shipping worth the trouble.

This is where I get all this kind of stuff because, while Red Dirt may order 100 pcs at a time, these guys are ordering 20,000 or more at a time on a lot of these items, and they pass along the savings. Cool

All of this said, I thought you knew that the only good sounding pots, caps and pickups are Callaham's Cryo Treated parts.

Anything else is really just throwing your money to the wind! Mr. Green
StevenJM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think redirt is a "company"... i'm pretty sure its just a guy

i'd be frustrated too though, but you might have better luck trading with others on this board.

what color guard are you looking for?

DirectHit.bandcamp.com (touring this winter!)
Home Grown Tele

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headstack wrote:
All of this said, I thought you knew that the only good sounding pots, caps and pickups are Callaham's Cryo Treated parts.

Anything else is really just throwing your money to the wind! Mr. Green

See below....................................
pt ray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenJM wrote:

i'd be frustrated too though, but you might have better luck trading with others on this board.

From what I gathered it's a side entity of an apparent company that makes exterior shutters. The person I have been dealing with may not be as versed in the side entity as they are in the main. That is the most frustrating part.
StevenJM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pt ray wrote:
StevenJM wrote:

From what I gathered it's a side entity of an apparent company that makes exterior shutters. The person I have been dealing with may not be as versed in the side entity as they are in the main. That is the most frustrating part.

try emailing ben personally, either on here, or his ebay account, or his email...

http://www.reddirtguitarworks.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=Contact&Store_Code=RDGW

DirectHit.bandcamp.com (touring this winter!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: