The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laney Lionheart L5T 112

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86runner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Laney Lionheart L5T 112 Reply with quote

Talk to me about this amp. I just pulled the trigger on a mint condition Made in UK version and am anxious to get it. It will replace a Blackstar HT5TH as my grab-n-go for periodic low-mid volume jams. I've read nothing but glowing reviews. Wondered if anyone had any experience with it?

Grab yo git-fiddle.
matt117

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned the l20h for the last 5years. Never have compared it to the 5watt.
86runner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the L5T for a few weeks now. I must say, it's a fantastic amp. I've never had a big Marshall stack cranked, but I feel like it does what I've heard that sounds like, at very manageable volumes. I rarely ever enjoy the neck position of a LP because it comes across as muddy, but this amp makes it smooth, creamy and musical. The whole idea behind the amp is to get power tube rather than preamp tube distortion at low volumes. It's definitely different than most of my other amps. I'm really happy with it. It's replacing my Blackstar HT5TH as my grab n go. The HT5TH sounds blah compared to the Laney. Anyway, check em out. Great amp.

Edit: The more time I spend with it, the more impressed I am. It really sounds fantastic at low volumes. Sounds pure Marshall to me. It'll flat out blow the doors off too, if you open it up. I'm really happy with this amp as a replacement for my grab n go HT-5TH. It's just in another league.

Grab yo git-fiddle.
Travst

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i need to come around more. I owned one for a long time and it's a great amp. It beats the small Marshall to hell and back as it's much more versatile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: