The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S-S-H Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarheel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: S-S-H Recommendations Reply with quote

I'm about to start my 2nd build -- a Jazzmaster with a S-S-H pup configuration. Looking to have a very versatile guitar for rawk/alt country. Something that can twang and quack, but also handles overdrive well. Any recommendations as far as brands or specs?
AnthonyEMan7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Lawrence - L-610L for the bridge, 4.8 Henries - think noiseless P-90 in a humbucker housing.

L-200s for the next two positions - noiseless strat sound out of the box.
Who?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Novak pickups. Contact Curtis and let him know what you are looking for and he will make them.
RayRay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duncan L'l 59 bridge; Duncan JB Jr. center; Gibson Dirty Fingers neck 5 way switch; no-load tone; blender; 250 pots (NOT 500's)
Requires: Shielded pickguard and cavities, wiring grounded bridge. result will be:

With blender ON:

With blender OFF:

Get wiring diagram from Duncan, I can't find it in their files w/ a blender...call them, they have it...you'll have to trade out .022 cap/.047 to see which one you like...I used a .047 and a volume bleed....also a quality foil in oil cap no orange drop!.
It will give you pretty much any sound you want using the no-load tone position and pedals of your choice the possibilities are not limitless, but are sure amazing...it will give you what you want for sure, it's what I built for my Son for his Road Tele.
It WILL be noiseless if you shield it correctly. Wink

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." --Mark Twain

"I love God, my family, America, and the Constitution.
Guess you know what that makes me........"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: