The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone have one of these jacks.? Picked one up, AGGRR:?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
74 Strat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Does anyone have one of these jacks.? Picked one up, AGGRR:? Reply with quote

I am moving in a week or so (As soon as I find a place to live) and I am trying to get my son's guitar to him before we leave. Anyway, the jack on his Ibanez is shot. I got it working but it cuts out. Anyway, here is what I need. Thanks...Dean

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Cylinder-Stereo-Jack-Flush-Mount-Ibanez-Guitar-CR-/120492564010?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c0dea9e2a

Last edited by 74 Strat on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Houndog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewMac sells them, and probably the dealers here on the forum as well.
74 Strat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I need to move from Upstate NY to Long Island by next week. I am hoping that someone here will have one so I can Pay Pal them and get it in a few days. Thanks...Dean
ID Crisis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually have these in stock, but currently out. I am ordering Allparts today.

Sent you a PM with pricing.
Travst

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two that I thought were stereo, but when I checked... they are mono. I'd have been happy to give you one.
74 Strat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travst wrote:
I have two that I thought were stereo, but when I checked... they are mono. I'd have been happy to give you one.

Aren't the jack supposed to be mono for guitar? Thanks...Dean
74 Strat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the jack that I need stereo or mono? I am going to do the unthinkable and see if I can make it to Guitar Center tomorrow while on Long Island. I have not been to one in five years. Not a huge fan...Dean
Travst

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think you needed mono. I PM'd you, I'll be happy to send one along. The Ebay ad was for a stereo jack, that's what threw me.
74 Strat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
headstack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making my day guys...
I like to see a story that ends with a happy ending Cool
None of those in my coffers where I am, but I love seeing brother/sister folk helping out! *applause*

When you folks get to L.I. and settle in, PM me and perhaps we can get together and trade shop tales over coffee or something.
DukeofIbanez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has active pickups you need a stereo jack.
74 Strat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DukeofIbanez wrote:
If it has active pickups you need a stereo jack.

Passive electronics here...Dean
74 Strat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Guitar Center today (did i mention I hate GC) and they told me that they were out and that the tech used the last one yesterday. I told them that the website for their store said that they had them in stock. The tech asked me if I worked in retail and I told him that I did not. He said that if I had worked in retail then I would have known that you cannot go by what the inventory says they have.

I asked them if they knew where I would be able to find one and they told me to drive to Sam Ash and they would have it. My GPS told me that it was 58 miles away. I typed in Guitar Center and found there was one only 15 minutes from the one I was just at.

I went to the next GC and the guy looked around and told me that they were out. The tech said he just used the last one yesterday (sound familiar). All of a sudden the guy behind the counter found 3 of them. So, needless to say, I got one, but not without incident.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help...Dean
RolandR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

74 Strat wrote:
Went to Guitar Center today (did i mention I hate GC) and they told me that they were out and that the tech used the last one yesterday....

74 Strat wrote:
I went to the next GC and the guy looked around and told me that they were out. The tech said he just used the last one yesterday (sound familiar). All of a sudden the guy behind the counter found 3 of them...
Boy I would have got into the guy's face telling you they used the last one yesterday and asks that person: "Is that what managers tell you to say when you don't know if you have an item in stock? Or you better have a good explanation why you said that!"
Travst

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty poor service from a salesperson who doesn't understand their role completely. I'm glad you found one, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: