The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot Rod Deluxe tweed VS. Custom Vibrolux?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86runner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Hot Rod Deluxe tweed VS. Custom Vibrolux? Reply with quote

What are yall's opinions of the Hot Rod Deluxe vs. the Custom Vibrolux? I've got a Deluxe tweed right now and found a pretty good deal on a Custom Vibroluxe. Neither of which are vintage FYI. I WISH I had the money to just get the Vibrolux AND keep the Deluxe, but I don't. The only way I'd get it, is to sell the Deluxe. And I know these are in totally different price ranges, but I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to sell the Deluxe to try to get the Vibrolux or if there's not a HUGE difference. Which do you like better? I dig the blues so I like a little overdrive but I also love the clean of the Deluxe AND I can stand to get pretty raunchy too. Discuss........

Grab yo git-fiddle.
Craig_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I feel like Marksound has a HRD?

Anyway, my memory of that is that I liked it but that it was freakin' LOUD. Sorry I can't be more helpful Very Happy
marksound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig_ wrote:
Why do I feel like Marksound has a HRD?

Because I do. Laughing

The other guitar player in my old band bought a new Vibrolux. I played through it once at a jam. It was nice, but it didn't seem like something I'd drop a wad of cash on. It was loud, but not as loud as a HRD. That's good or bad, depending. I just didn't think it was all that special.

Personally, I'd rather have a real (not reissue) Deluxe Reverb if were in the market.
86runner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good 'nuff. That's all I needed. I love my HRD. If this Vibrolux wasn't a great price, I wouldn't have even thought about it. I'll pass.

Grab yo git-fiddle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: