The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

finished my project today.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

does this look good.... at all?
yes
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
no
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 18

Giblets

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: finished my project today. Reply with quote

well i dont have pictures yet, but i finished my guitar. ill get em up by tonight, just have to find a camera.

I used scarlet red( wish i used yellow) on my acoustic guitar and i dont think i sanded the origional finish off enough cuase it didnt stick well. anyhows i let what would dry, dry and i used a napkin to paint on some funky design that will be shown soon. I coated it six times and i just put strings n poop back on it today. Looking kinda like a skin rash, but i tend to think its pretty unique.

maybe once i get pics up, someone could give me some serious critisism, since i know i need it for the next time i try and finish a guitar.
and the polls there, for when i get my pics up.

-andy
Giblets

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

Okay im too lazy to make a photobucket account and put em up..... but maybe theyll be here eventually.
Structo

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oookay, let me be the first.Laughing

ReRanch 101 Finishing Tutorial
Guitar Amp Repair
Graunke

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no. These are the worst pictures I've ever seen. Or not seen. Or something.
Home Grown Tele

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
And your point was.....................?????????
Rat Fink

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giblets- everyone has a little trouble posting pics at first. So we will just tease you a little till you do get them up.

Oh yah...WELCOME TO THE FORUM Very Happy

" I learn something New Everyday on this Forum !"
Giblets

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok dont know how this works exactly. never used photobucket or really posted images.

Giblets

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that didnt work.... ill preview it before i get it.

[img][/img]
Giblets

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorta an abomination. I thought itd be a solid red, but i started seeing this pattern and i went with it. its coated in the celluouse... sooooooooooooo im not gonna do anything to it for a while cause i just put 20$ strings on it and ill play it for a whiel and put planning into it if i really want to change it.

i might buy a new acoustic anyhows, and if i do wanna change this (off topic) i might wanna paint it with some acrylic paints or somethign to get an image then clear coat it. have like a sun set, the sun being the sound hole or something stupid like that.
Plaid Sabbath

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really diggin' it. Almost looks like rag rolling effects that people use on their walls.
solemn13

Location: On a lost bound train runnin on Rogaine out of control

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would name it murder scene. It does resemble burl though.
Giblets

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it reminds me of a really terrible skin rash.... so wahts hte best way to get rid of it? and can you coat acrylic paints in the nclaquer?
Structo

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, it's an interesting experiment at least.

Yes you can spray nitro lacquer over acrylic, you just want to mist the first few coats on.

ReRanch 101 Finishing Tutorial
Guitar Amp Repair
Giblets

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks structo. Ill put some planning into it before i remove the crap thats on it. I was very very hasty as well with this. normally dont have free time, but ive kinda learned. this is actually the second experiment. the first one looked like i bled all over hte guitar, and it wasnt much different from this, cept i used gloss and wood stain.
Giblets

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just took off all the red except on the back cuase its just like a tint. I thought about wood staining it brown, but i just kept it. its just red where ever theres a dent or a scratch. its now hanging up in my garage drying the first coat of nclaquer. thanks for the critisism. I said i needed it cause i dont know crap bout painting or anything. and i did just roll a rag on it to get that effect. itd be kind of cool on an electric though and with a different color, and maybe if i had a coat just to make it darker, but it was just that one coat of red flopped around on top. I love that acoustic too. it sounds great and its huge, and if i had 1000$ the day i went into guitar center, i probably would have come out with the same one anyhows.

ill post the new pictures once its done again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: