The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lets try this again....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do I do?
Leave it alone
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
strip and refinish
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
buy new and finish it then sell the old one upon finishing the new body
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
whatever....
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

RolandR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gkyhn wrote:
Quote:
How much you want to bet the new "Blackie" Strat that just sold for $21,000.00 has an 8 piece body! What a bunch of crooks!

Hey, lets not get carried away they're only $20,000.00. Very Happy
Phew, my threashold was $19,999.99.

Seriously, rahimiii, those flaw are so subtle, if it was my guitar, I would not lose sleep over it, I say leave it alone. But that's me.
vegasrock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it looks good. after a few months of buckle rash it won't even be noticable. Very Happy
Joeglow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its hard to let go and in the past I'd develop a rash just thinking about a flaw like that. Its nothing to sweat over and I think you did a fanatstic job on the burst. It would be a shame to remove that finish. Plus I think it actually adds a little flavor to the whole thing as an original rahimiii strat. Let it be.
frpax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gkyhn wrote:
Hey, lets not get carried away they're only $20,000.00. Very Happy

Actually, they are only $20K if you buy one in the following states:
Alaska
Delaware
Montana
New Hampshire
Oregon

These are the only states with no sales tax. Wink

Here in Tempe, AZ, $20K + 8.1% sales tax = $21,620. It'd be worth the price of an airline ticket to New Hampshire or Oregon to buy one there! (IF they have one) There are no GC's in Alaska, Delaware, or Montana.

Plus there are only 185 initially available. I'm not sure how many stores they have, but I think it's more than 185. So not every store will get one.

~Ace Frehley
Houndog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend was checking out the one in the Boston guitar center ten minutes before they went on sale. There was an auction on ebay the same night and they were asking for $37,000. It said they all sold out in fifteen minutes after they went on sale, but my friend said there was nobody there to buy the one he was checking out, unless they bought it over the phone. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: