The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which color paint from Reranch for my tele

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy4269

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Which color paint from Reranch for my tele Reply with quote

Ordered an vintage-style alder tele body from Warmoth about a month ago, should be arriving within the next week.

I'm trying to get a color similiar to these

[img]http://www.tdpri.com/attachments/010-2-jpg.315205/[/img]

Just a sort of off-white cream color, not too white, not too yellow. I'm not sure what color to pick.

Vintage cream from RR seems way too yellow, Olympic white just looks off to me, and arctic white seems too white. Gorilla vanilla seems like a nice in between but i'm not 100% sure. I don't want to paint the guitar and end up not liking the color and having to redo it.[/img]
rjhalsey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would sat Fender blonde
RH Factor Pickups, Tonerider, Seymour Duncan, Trem King, KMC, Allparts, WD Music, Mighty Mite, Vintage Clone, Fralin, Rio Grande, Lace, CED, Lava Cable, ModTone, Kaces, MojoTone, Klein, Voodoo Pickups
Cross

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be careful if you get straight fender blonde, it's probably the best choice, but it can be pretty yellow, especially as it ages. Maybe get the Mary Kaye white? It should stay a more translucent white color like that Tele.
marksound

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender Blonde is the way to go.

Billy4269

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks guys. I ordered a can of fender blonde, gorilla vanilla, tinted clear for the neck, and some sandpaper. I still have a can of sand sealer and clear nitro from RR that I bought for a project I never did like 2 years ago.

My goal is to get this guitar to feel as close to my MIJ 62' tele that I ended up selling to get my R8 les paul. I ordered the neck to the exact specs of the MIJ tele, ordered all vintage style hardware, fender 62 ri pickups, etc... Can't wait to get it painted
t3l3cast3r

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gorilla Vanilla.

Here it is thinned out and sprayed translucent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: