The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Tom Petty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostyjoe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: RIP Tom Petty Reply with quote

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/tom-petty-on-life-support-after-being-found-unconscious-tmz/amp/
trentonleonard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad I finally got to see him this past June. I was kicking myself for waiting so long because it was one of my shows ever.
Old Black

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really sad today. Petty was one of the greats - so much in common with Dylan and George Harrison (never surprised me that they got together in the Wilburys). I saw him with Bob and the Dead in 1986 and the Heartbreakers kicked it.

He had an AWESOME guitar/equipment collection. Their "club house" in Van Nyes is something to see.

I love all (okay, most) of their albums but I really love Hypnotic Eye - that one is in my rotation. He was an amazingly gifted songwriter - and I liked his voice.
Action-Cashin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one was a shocker... Crying or Very sad
So many great songs that will always play in my head.
jaybones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I was able to catch him in '92 at Deer Creek in Indianapolis. Day after the Grateful Dead played there, their next date was right down I 70 Buckeye Lake Columbus, Ohio.

Lots of heads stayed over for TP, and they absolutely rocked it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: