The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FINALLY Got My "Train Wreck Amp" !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RolandR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: FINALLY Got My "Train Wreck Amp" !!! Reply with quote

WildIowa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just gave an identical one to my son in law in NYC....they were big time in their day....it did have pretty good quality of leather on the outside as I recall.....sound, not so much.
jaybones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played through one, never owned one though.

I remember reading that you could have someone open and close it while you were playing to get a wah sound.

There's also a famous Zappa concert video where he does the whole show through a miced Pignose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q0nImsfMvE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some believed they might work at a gig if you used them as a preamp into a hefty amp....but no tone control, overall weirdness...a novelty.
RolandR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post was supposedly a joke like way back when I posted "Finally Got My Dumble" and showed this "Pignose". Laughing

Other than a Rockman, this is the only solid state amp I have or had. Shocked

Yes, it was a novelty in the 70's - 80's with street musicians. This Pignose is 42-years-old!
smokey joe lives!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: trainwreck Reply with quote

Actually a real Trainwreck amp head showed up at a yard sale this year. The owner widow of owner wanted $1,000. The buyer (can't give you his name) told her "This will take a while but if you hold this for me until next week I will pull together $10,000 and buy it. it is worth much much more"

She waited and he got it.

I am glad I did not get that opportunity. I do not know if I could have really told her how much it was worth, and could not have gotten $10 K together even if my teeth were all gold!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: