The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For your entertainment....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guitars
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: For your entertainment.... Reply with quote

I got this today... Here is the thread. Start from the bottom;

Ray, Sorry, but I can not ship outside of the US. Thanks, anyway....

Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 12:35 AM
To: Bill Lester
Subject: Items Needed......................................................................Contact Shipper

Hi Bill,

Good to read back from you.I felt comfortable to email you my order this way rather than to fill it on your site,so below are the items I want to order

Wood Dye, Water Soulable
48 Quantity

Wood Dye, Alcohol Based
48 Quantity

Oil Based Grain Filler
24 Quantity

Blush Out" Blush Remover
24 Quantity

Sand and Sealer Aerosol
24 Quantity

Nitrocellulose Clear Coat Aerosol
24 Quantity

1)My Customer's ID # : A7L1471101L1D
2)Delivery Full Address:
Company Name: Successfully Global Store
110 Airport Road
1184 Nadi
Fiji Islands

Concerning the shipment,the likes of UPS,FEDEX and POST OFFICE always don't take care of the charges down here. Charges like handling, customs duties,tax etc. I have experienced such situation before and I don't want to be the victims of such a thing again. I will be glad if you contact this freight forwarder GUANGZHOU INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDING & LOGISTICS CO. LTD for shipping quote.The shipping company will arrange the pick-up of my order from your store,so you don't have any stress to face in shipping processing at all.Here is their email address (freightforwarding@yahoo.com) ,Not that I can't deal with the shipper directly,but they always prefer to deal with the store where they will be doing the pick up in other to reduce the customs duties and other charges.They have a way of preparing their shipment documents whereby the custom duties payment on this goods will be reduced and if I wanted to pay for the custom duties and other charges, at times it is 40% of the whole package amount.I do trust GUANGZHOU INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDING & LOGISTICS CO. LTD ,if not I wouldn't have recommend them for my shipment.They are very reliable and fast.They will take care of everything including Handling, Customs duties,Tax, Insurance etc.Contact them to obtain a quote and get back to me in the format bellow:

COST OF THE ORDER
COST OF THE SHIPPING FROM GUANGZHOU INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDING & LOGISTICS CO. LTD
TOTAL COST (ORDER + SHIPPING)
Once I have these details from you, I will get back to you with my credit card information,so you can charge and make the necessary shipping arrangements.
Regards,
Ray

NOTE:The freight company will need these 5 information to get you a quote,so provide them with the details bellow:
1)My Customer's ID # : A7L1471101L1D
2)Delivery Full Address:
Company Name: Successfully Global Store
110 Airport Road
1184 Nadi
Fiji Islands
3)Pick Up Full Address : PROVIDE YOUR ADDRESS
4)Weight Of The Consignment : PROVIDE ORDER WEIGHT
5)Momentary Value Of The Consignment : PROVIDE ORDER TOTAL COST

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:10 AM, Bill Lester <reranch@verizon.net> wrote:

Yes, you can order online through the ReRanch Store. Thanks, Bill.....

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 9:37 AM
Subject: Bga

Hello,

I want to make an order,You accept credit card.

Thanks
Ray Johnson
WildIowa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what was going on here...were they trying to get info from you to rip off ReRanch or other scam or what?? However, last week two people walked into a mom and pop music store here in Omaha and walked out with two Les Pauls worth about $7500 using a cloned credit card. Again, not sure how it got through but the owner is wailing bigtime on the TV and they have pretty good surveillance video but they're gone. A couple years ago a small small store near me also was ready to ship a $3500 Gretsch out until they found out the card was fraudulent. It's a jungle out there.
Guitars
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen... The email address was beyond suspicious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Everything Else... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: