The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building a dream Iceman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoJo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Building a dream Iceman Reply with quote

Hey all,

Ive been poking around for a while now and haven't found the answers to a few questions regarding a special paint job.

But first a little about the project, I am working on re-finishing a 78 iceman IC100...The owner before me did a wonderful job of butchering the guitar, it had the wrong neck which doesn't fit right, some cracks that had to be repaired, and they swapped out one of the original flying finger pickups for a cheapo and made a mess of the wiring, she just wasn't loved much. So I decided to refinish it and make it into a dream build I always wanted to do with new electronics, hardware, and a killer paint job...which is where I am at now.

So for the paint job I want to do black on the back and sides with a Olympic white top, then I have an artist who is going to do a hand painted "day of the dead" themed design on the top.

My question is what kind of paint can the artist use on top of the Olympic white?

And what type of clear coat would work best over the design?

For those curious, I plugged the old jack hole and drilled out the side for electro-socket style jack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: