The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Amps Builds Single Channel DLR and a 1.5 watt Deluxe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGK

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: New Amps Builds Single Channel DLR and a 1.5 watt Deluxe Reply with quote

Iíve been busy and havenít posted much for a while but here are this winters projects. First was a single channel 6v6 amp based on the a Fender DLR built on a PR chassis with Bias modulating vibrato, LarMar Type II master volume with mid and feedback controls along with a mid boost. I build a bigger cab for it as I was toying with using a 15Ē speaker but settled on a WGS G12C which is a perfect match for the amp. Really sweet sounding

Next was a Deluxe Micro from Rob Robinettes Web site volume, tone and a MV using a 12AU7 for a power tube with a 5y3 rectifier and a 5751 for the preamp. Tried both a 12AY7 and a 12AX7 and found the 5751 to be a good compromise between clean and distorted. The 12AX7 was great for distortion while I felt the 12AY7 was pretty muddy. The amp has a bright switch as well and switches to change pre-amp gain and the feedback loop. I put it in a small cab with a WGS vintage 12Ē speaker. As a apartment or bedroom amp its very sweet, fairly clean until around 5 on the volumes after which it just gets a creamy tweed sounding distortion. My wife loves the sound levels. Played through my pedal board it is extremely versatile and runs supper quiet.

Mr. Clevername

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
Seanwimer

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow love that deluxe micro!!
sleazy pot pie

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any plans to sell either? What would the micro run as just a head?
Lon

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking amp builds, congrats
#313. Praisegig
rjhalsey

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lon wrote:
Great looking amp builds, congrats

I concur! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
RH Factor Pickups, Tonerider, Seymour Duncan, Trem King, KMC, Allparts, WD Music, Mighty Mite, Vintage Clone, Fralin, Rio Grande, Lace, CED, Lava Cable, ModTone, Kaces, MojoTone, Klein, Voodoo Pickups
jaybones

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice professional looking work! Especially the purple tolex, and the dovetailed cab, not sure which one I like better...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, .... Razz
ajeffcote

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Did you build the cabinets? Is the Princeton chassis from a re-issue, and if so did you use the stock transformers?
JGK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

Thanks for the complements thses we my 7th and 8th builds for amps. I don't plan on selling either but Robs plans for the micro deluxe can be found on line and is pretty easy to build, would be great as a head. I added the mods which make it a pretty versatile it's not a real clean amp much as its ancestor and if you put a 12ax7 in the preamp its gets even dirtier I play allot of blues and it sounds great for that.

https://www.robrobinette.com/Deluxe_Micro.htm

I built both cabinets out of pine with dovetail joints.

Chassis was a PR I bought off E Bay and was cut for a regular PR power transformer which I got from Allen Amps a TP24 from upgrade for Champs and Princeton's fits the cutout but is about an inch deeper output was also a an Allen not sure what model I used. The power tyranny will support 6l6s but nothing sounds as creamy as 6v6s when you crank them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: