The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mosrite Fuzzrite Clone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulture

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Mosrite Fuzzrite Clone Reply with quote

Found a metal box and cut it down into a wedge.
Rummaged around the parts drawer and dug up an old board and some c. 60's components. Located a couple silicon's to match the specs for this.
Not your typical Fuzzrite, though it dials into it perfectly. I added a couple bells and whistles to this. Along with volume and presence control I switched the 22k treble resistor that gives this the trebly tone into a 100k pot and made that switchable on/off. Goes from buzzy fuzz to classic Fuzzrite to a more boosted opened ended fuzzrite tone. In addition I made one of the output caps switchable for either stock or a little more bass. Plus since the silicon's are socketed I just heat shrunk them for added secureness. And for fun, the bottom of the metal enclosure is partly opened so I added a super bright LED for a projected glow. Great if your stumbling around stage and trying to locate your gear.

Kregg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Cool
I built one of those a while back that I called Buzz Bomb.
Vic Vega

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! You always seem to make the most of the parts on hand.
vulture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
I have a number of fuzzzes that i built but this classic hits it like no other. Stooges, Os Mutantes, hippy spirit in the sky jams, or spaghetti western soundtracks, its all here.
Cool
eljay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I built the General Guitar Gadgets version a while back. It's a vicious little fuzz.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eljay-Guitarworks/622637054471300
vulture

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my new fav fuzz. The mods on this really makes this versatile, should post some samples.

The simplicity of this is such an added bonus and seeing I have more of these carbon comps, vintage caps etc. I thought of making a couple of these boards via point to point wiring for sale if there was any interest in this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: