The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leslie 142

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WildIowa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Leslie 142 Reply with quote

I know some Leslies were set up for "fast" and "off", while others were set for "fast," "slow (chorale)" and ""off".

A guy will trade me a model 142 but I want it to have the Slow, Fast and Off options. I had one once that did not have the "Slow" feature...just on or off....but there are so many I can't find this info reliably or definitively for the 142.

Anybody got one, or know this info for sure? Would appreciate it...thanks.
tangelolemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 142 is dual-speed (fast, chorale, off).

It's one of the more sought-after of the "second tier" leslies, after the vaunted 122 and 147. Many consider it the equal of the 147. It's a good'un.
69formula

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 142 is just a shorter version of a 122. One of the most sought after models by true Hammond players. The 145, 147 series are more easily adaptable to use with guitar or any other 1/4" input instruments.There was no stop feature available on 2-speed, tube amp Leslies. Only on some of the solid state ones. I've seen toggle switches mounted on cabinets that took one set of motors out of operation to accomplish this.
tangelolemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to point out the difference between an "off" setting (which tube Leslies did have) and a "brake" or "stop" (which they did not)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: