The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looky What I Dun Did Make
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
power chord hack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're back!

Structo wrote:
You did a better job on the corners than VOX did!

I want to learn how to make box joints. There is plenty of info on the web so it is just a matter of buying a good dado blade and making the jig.

Ya - but anybody could have done better than Vox. The corners on the 30 look like crap. But there is definitely some shrinkage in that tolex - the gaps are growing. My 15 head looks much better. Maybe I should have recovered the 30...

As for joints - On speaker cabs I just go the easy route and do butt joints and then glue & screw 3/4 square reinforcements inside.
Like this:

I did box joints on the Encore combo b/c that sucker is HEAVY and the squares would have gotten in the way of the chassis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Pick-ups, Amps and Electronics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: