The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum
This discussion forum is hosted by The Guitar ReRanch and was created to serve those interested in the arcane art/science of guitar refinishing and restoration. Those with all levels of experience are welcomed to participate.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best strat body
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

best strat body
warmoth
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
usacg
75%
 75%  [ 15 ]
musikraft
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

rickenfender

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should add B.Hefner to your list of choices. I have received nothing but top notch bodies from Bernie. I have purchased strat and tele bodies in both alder and swamp ash.
Good communication too. Just call him and tell him what you're looking for. I'm sure he can do you right!
Southwest Bob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Tele and Strat bodies from USCG from Tommy about seven years ago. They are great pieces of wood.

This year I bought another two bodies. This time I worked with Rob and he was just as good to me. Rob was able to pick out exactly what I wanted. So don't think you need to speak to Tommy for great service.
TresGatos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southwest Bob wrote:
I bought Tele and Strat bodies from USCG from Tommy about seven years ago. They are great pieces of wood.

This year I bought another two bodies. This time I worked with Rob and he was just as good to me. Rob was able to pick out exactly what I wanted. So don't think you need to speak to Tommy for great service.

This is true. Tommy, Rob, Brett.... the quality and service comes from the company's attitude as a whole. They all love what they are doing, are proud of it and do their best for their clients.

Giving credit where credit is due, Jim and Scott at Musikraft are great to deal with too, I just prefer USACG products.
320blues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as per hefner--no thanks. personal thing. a "not great" deal a few years ago.
musikraft--had one of their necks. no bueno.
warmoth has good prices overall and their showcase states the weight of the body you're looking at.
usacg seems to be the overwhelming choice here.
i'm still trying to undo another deal gone bad--it's what i get for being so damn cheap--and if and when i can, i'll give tommy a call.
gunnerguitars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernie has usually taken care of me. I have had to remind him a couple times abot my order, but the bodies are nice and seem to be accurate.

If you call him or shoot him an e-mail he usually responds.

I have one on the way from him, so I hope he backs up what my endorsement.
JCBurke59

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen several references to inaccuracies in Warmoth 'Strat' bodies. I have never used one and was just wondering - what are the differences between the Warmoth and original Fender or other aftermarket bodies?
Stratman George

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gunnerguitars wrote:
Bernie has usually taken care of me. I have had to remind him a couple times abot my order, but the bodies are nice and seem to be accurate.

If you call him or shoot him an e-mail he usually responds.

I have one on the way from him, so I hope he backs up what my endorsement.

+1 Bernie has always done right by me. I have used his Swamp Ash Tele, Strat and P Bass bodies. All great quality and nice and lite!!

KnE Make some nice bodies as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Forum Forum Index -> Guitar Finishing and Restoration All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: